Monday, March 9, 2015

Ashley Tann


This is one of my books, Amy Poehler's Yes Please. The book is a collection of short stories, ideas and lists. I'm not sure exactly which typeface is used for the author's name, but I believe it is a Neo-Grotesque sans-serif. The title of the book is an actual neon sign that was made for the book cover. I love the way that the sign and the title work together. I feel like the title "Yes Please" is a description of the way she's lived her life--saying yes to all kinds of opportunities which have led to successes and failures, all of which have ultimately led her to where she's at now: fame. Sometimes I forget that I need to have specific intention behind my design choices, and i think this is a good reminder of how important it is for a good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment