Monday, April 13, 2015

Deyton Koch #12


I literally grabbed a random book off the shelf for my blog this week. I am just going to critique the shit outta this because it is awful. First, just take a look at the T's in "letter".  I honestly can't tell if it was some sort of printer malfunction or if the font is that messed up that it does not have matching arms on the t's or at least a ligature to fix that space. The leading is so off and, again, the "T" is making an awkward space between it and the H in the "THE". Speaking of the "THE", Blake was right when  he said you should never change the horizontal scale of a word. It looks so bad. I did not know you could have a river in two lines of text, and actually the river extends through all four lines! WTF!? It's the cover page of the book! Stupid design classes make everything annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment