Monday, April 27, 2015

What lies beneath





This week's type specimen is via a restaurant in Mission Beach, California. Although I didn't eat here, I was immediately drawn to this typeface: sans serif, light stoke, tall cap height contrasted with a narrow character width. I enjoy the curvilinear qualities found in the stem & the bowl of the "R". I think this typeface is successful in creating a modern and sophisticated presence; a theme which is very obvious from looking into the restaurant.
      This typeface aids my design skills through it's method of how discriminating typeface selection can convey the underlying theme of what have you. One's choice of typeface conveys a louder message than maybe initially thought. There is depth and meaning to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment