Sunday, February 23, 2014

Mountain Dew Hat- Sam Popham

Here's a better image of what the type looks like flat.


Source and Object Description: This is my favorite hat that I had at one point bought at Target for like $3 as part of an inside joke with friends. Now I've sort of grown fond of it.
Typeface Description: A very strange group of warped type faces. All are sans serif. The 'i' is cut off for some reason and the 't' is kind of branching out like a tree or maybe a waterfall.
How does it enhance the message? I feel like maybe the typeface is trying to convey kind of a swirly motion like the motion of the drink or the feeling you get from a sugar rush. It feels very uneven and twisted and awkward.
How will this influence my work? I don't know how incredible of a design it is, but there is just something about this design that I just can't forget and I keep staring at it seeing it move somehow. I think this will inspire me to just experiment with type.

No comments:

Post a Comment