Friday, February 20, 2015

Madison Hanlon

Blog: 5


Text on text on text. This is a page from the Washington Post magazine in 2012. I love the idea of making typography out of simple objects such as peeled back paper. I think this is a creative way to display typography. Not only did the designer decide to make a title out of this, but they also decided to add in text into the slits of the title. The viewers eye has a lot to look at, but still are not overwhelmed with what is going on. I think the way this layout is set up its interesting but still clean. I also love the amount of different styles of text used for this cover. You have bold, thin, and cursive working together. I would love to incorporate this creative idea, using simple objects to make text, in my own work. I feel it would be a cool design for future projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment