Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cantara Ali : Week 6



This is a poster that was displayed around JCM last semester for the visiting artist Anahita Ghazvinizadeh. The typeface used looks to me like a geometric sans serif like Univers. Because this poster's purpose is to inform the student body of the lecture, I tend to cringe at the justified block of text in the lower right hand corner. The artist's name tracked out and justified looks a little strange as well. The upper left hand corner is more successful. The avant-garde spacing works with the title and the subject matter. The artists name looks better flush right and the date place and time are organized and readable. This poster reminds me that concept is important, but so is readability. As I move forward in typography I have to keep in mind that there needs to be a balance between breaking and following rules. 

No comments:

Post a Comment