Sunday, February 16, 2014

160over90- Sam Popham

Source and Object Description: From this site. A viewbook for the University of the Arts in Philadelphia.
Typeface Description: Warped serifs. It's made to look like water rippling. 
How does it enhance the message? The look suggests water and depth as is the intention of the designers to capture the depth of the education.
How will this influence my work? The entire viewbook for the university was well planned despite the small deadline. I enjoyed the type on each page and this cover really fascinates me because even though its warped I can still read it clearly and I just really enjoy the design of the entire book overall. I hope I can create such visually interesting and well designed work. I want to be brave enough to warp type.

No comments:

Post a Comment