Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Last of Us


Source: from my video game collection
Typeface classification: The typeface looks like a sans serif called Press Gothic
Description: The game is about two strangers that meet under circumstances out of their control and must survive and endur a post-pandemic world. 
How it enhances the message: Something about the typeface just reads urgency to me. The distressed bits within the copy add a subtle amount of tension and really captures the mood of the game.
Influence: I revisited the game over the weekend and hadn't even really looked at the logo with an investigative eye since I had bought and beaten it originally in June. Taking the logo into consideration with the story and overall themes/mood of the game really adds so much more than initially encountering it, and I think details like that are really great and can add a lot to interesting typographical choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment