Monday, February 17, 2014

Fun with counters


My entry this week is from this years typography annual published by com arts magazine. When I was looking through this entry really stuck out to me. It's a collection of posters by Leo Burnett ad agency. They use te counters of the letters to create imagery pertaining obstacles that drivers face. Together the posters spell out "roads" and all have the caption "you either see the letter or the [posters image]". The point of the posters to to make people think about texting and driving and question what's more important. I think this was a really clever solution to the problem and I think it will influence me I be more aware of not only the letters, but the negative space as well. Also I think it shows the power of simple imagery, using only 2 tones the letters have a very powerful presence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment