Sunday, February 2, 2014

Lynn Bataillon Post 2

Seattle Sushi logo, Type Idea Index, Jim Krause

Giotto, san serif both regular and extended

Interlaced text over a lively background gives this piece an interesting shape while being reminiscent of a bowl of ramen or low mien. The  red, green and yellow makes an appetizing combination, clearly meant for an audience of the hungry majority. The dramatically condensed typeface makes a readable, yet interesting composition and I think it is very beautifully done. It's a bit radical, a little offbeat, and totally something I would want to replicate in one of my projects. While I'm not much of a fan of the chopstick square, I love how this use of Giotto reminds me that letters are just as much shapes as they are a means of communication, something I have to remind myself of frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment