Sunday, February 2, 2014

Today is the Day Pocket Planner- Sam Popham


Source and Object Description: A pocket planner by Jessica Hische. Vintage inspired and art-deco styled inside to remind people of all ages to use every day with it's messages on the sides and back.
Typeface Description: All caps typeface with some pointed serifs (bracketed?). It's tilted and somewhat italicized. The A's have a v-shaped crossbar. There are small arrow designs inside the letters.
How does it enhance the message? The typeface makes the viewer feel inspired to write in it every day. It's slight tilt feels vintage, serious and somehow friendly so that it appeals to all ages. It goes well with the floral designs.
How will this influence my work? The design is very clean and well organized and I hope to create such neat and creative typefaces. I love the way the type works so well with the rest of the book's design. It feels so inspiring and fresh and very easy to read. It's a recognizable work that I remembered days after first seeing it. I hope I too can create such recognizable and well designed typefaces that work well with the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment