Monday, January 27, 2014

Jordan Anderson post 1





This is the tube that my fat burners come in. The brand is called “Animal Cuts,” and the lettering wraps around the bottle, hence the multiple pictures. I also added a shot of the lid to get a closer look at their logo and typeface. I have always loved the pairing of red, black, and white; there is something so simple and powerful about the three together, which I’m sure is why they chose this particular color scheme. The portrail of a lean athelete in the background of the A,N, and I also helps to enhance the message of intensity and success while using the product. I really enjoy the overall image/concept, however it can be a bit hard to read at first glance. To attest to this, I had my mother look at it, and she had no idea what the product was called at first; that could definitley become a problem. Despite that, I still like the direction Animal Cuts is taking, and I do like their chosen typeface for their logo (on the lid). I have always been a fan of somewhat deconstructed type, mostly I think because of my fascination with grafiti. Sometimes these kinds of typefaces are hard to read and illegible to a certain extent, but I feel that this specific treatment is very legible and well done. All in all I like the pairings and treatments of the text, and find them to be sucessful in their portrail of the procuct to the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment