Monday, January 27, 2014

READ ALL ABOUT IT- MOLLY GARDNER

1.
SOURCE: SAN MARCOS

2.CLASSIFY TYPE: 4 different fonts. Combination of serif and sans serif. "It" could possibly be "presto" type.

3. DESCRIBE OBJECT, AUDIENCE, PURPOSE: This is a local newspaper dispenser, intended for the students and people of San Marcos. The purpose is to keep people informed, create a sense of community, and keep people reading.

4.HOW DOES TYPOGRAPHY ENHANCE MESSAGE? This typography grabs the passerby's attention. It has variation and enough complexity to be interesting yet remain orderly enough so that it is easily legible. This saying reminds me of the times when a local paper boy would shout out to the crowds passing by. Because the typography is modern, I am much more interested in reading the content of the paper.

5.SPECIFICALLY EXPLAIN HOW EXAMPLE WILL INFLUENCE CREATIVE WORK:
   A. To me this emphasizes the value of variation in creative work. I make sure to have enough variation so that it's interesting.
   B. I will remember the aesthetically pleasing effect "3D" letters have. "READ" stands out the most to me, and it is created in a way that makes them look 3D and I find it visually pleasing and interesting.
   C. I have noted the value of adding simple objects that add emphasis. The lightening bolts around "IT" make whatever "IT" is seem more important and interesting. The banner behind "ALL" adds nice color variation and connects you to modern trends in graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment