Monday, January 27, 2014

Blog Post- Jen Stephenson
Classification- All Serif font
Analyze the piece-  This is not just words arranged in a certain way; it becomes it's very own composed layout only using the type given. The layout itself is what truly makes this arrangement intriguing and I immediately wanted to read the context of the story. I really like how they took a typical story and were able to change it into something more. I also like how the story (small font) is placed to fill in the missing pieces of the large font. At first I thought it was odd, but it really makes the readers eyes easily flow through the story. Overall I think the concept and use of text is successful.Anyone reading the magazine will be interested in this interesting page containing just a usual article.
How this will influence my work- I stumbled upon this image last night and it really struck me as unique. It really has made me think of a completely new idea in composing something as simplistic as an article. The way it is arranged and the contrast between the big and small font has a huge impact that can relate to classwork in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment