Monday, January 27, 2014

Ashlee Allen Post1

Source: My closet. Discovery Camp in Columbus, TX  designed these shirts for that year.

Classification: Sans Serif typefaces

Analyze the piece: This piece has many different forms of typography. There are different line weights and sizes that make this piece good. The use of overlap creates a dynamic composition that catches the eye. There is a hierarchy created through color and type size. 

How will this influence my work: I appreciate the comic style that was used in this shirt and will attempt to achieve the same dynamic that is being created. I also admire the chaotic nature f the shirt that still has a hierarchy of the type lettering. I believe that learning from this designer will help be become more well rounded and and more equipped to tackle different styles of design

No comments:

Post a Comment