Monday, January 27, 2014


Blog Post – Felicia Curtis

                                                


Classification: There are about 4 different types of font, all hand rendered. There is a script, a serif, a sans serif font, and even a mixture of a script and serif font.

Describe object, audience, purpose: This is written on a chalk board with chalk. I think the audience is meant to be designers or at least people who enjoy design. It’s purpose id to show how beautiful and dynamic hand rendered type can be and the different feeling it gives the viewer.

How does typography enhance the message: The typography enhances the message because it is al hand rendered type and the message is about hoe hand lettering is a lost art. It shows that hand lettering can add a lot of interest that computer generated lettering may not be able to achieve.

How will this influence creative work: I think this will influence my future work greatly because I love hand rendered text and would love to incorporate it into future designs. I think this is a great example of how hand lettering can give the overall message and each word its own personality and I think that is a good quality to have as a design element. I also like that although it is an image of only text it still feels very graphic and dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment