Monday, March 30, 2015

Ashley Tann

This is a bottle of almond milk I found at Kroger. I really enjoy the packaging of this product. I think that the choices in color and type do a good job catering an all-natural product to health-conscious consumers. It looks like there are three different typefaces being used: a sans-serif that is used for both the small type on the bottle and "almondmilk," a serif to indicate the flavor, and a script for the word "pure." I like that one typeface is used for the majority of the bottle with changes in size and weight. This creates an interesting design without being overwhelming. The script and serif also give a nostalgic feel to the brand--making the consumer think of a simpler time, when all products were made without hormones and chemicals. This will influence me to pay close attention to my type hierarchy, and remind me that I typically won't need more than two or three typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment