Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Swertfeger, Aidalicia

I decided on this example because I am huge into minimalism and find it challenging to represent it in the world of typefaces. In my opinion, when minimalist type is done correctly, it is not only beautiful but pushes your mind a bit further for the overall message. When done incorrectly, as is the case more often than not, you lose the viewer, the message and your credibility.
This specimen aids my design skills but ensuring I pay attention to detail: does my minimalist typeface application read? Does the viewer lose interest in trying to piece together the text? I also will say I've only seen a handful of serif minimalist typefaces, as I'm sure it's difficult to pull off with all the serifs and embellishments.



No comments:

Post a Comment