Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Brooke Garner




This is a postcard from the 1960's of Elmer's Pancake and Steak House located in Portland, Oregon. It is a unique dining spot that provides a Colonial atmosphere and courteous service that is especially popular for tourists. On the postcard, the typefaces Mandate and Brush Script are used which I feel is appropriate because Brush Script was very successful and popular at the time. The picture cropping of the postcard allows the viewer to see the restaurants advertising logo billboard, so I feel it is important that the type for the logo and text on the postcard flow nicely together. Although Brush Script was named #3 in "least favorite" nomination in 2007, I believe it can be a nice solution for an appropriate subject depending on the time and usage. For the future I need to be sure I am aware of my subject and appropriately consider the logo and typeface that might be already used.









No comments:

Post a Comment