Monday, March 17, 2014

Stairway to Heaven | Andrea Johnson


This illustration of the song "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin was done by Nour Tohme.

The type used here is a sans-serif.

This is an illustration of a song; it's part of a serious of two other visualized songs. 

This visualization of Stairway to Heaven is really great. It's very well done and it really helps communicate what the song is about. The style is also parallel to Led Zeppelin's style.

I really appreciate what Tohme has done here. I feel like illustrating an image created with words in a song is a pretty ballsy thing to do. Especially because of how old the song is. Now every time I hear the song, I'll visualize this. This inspires me to think of things dimensionally; when I hear things that I like, whether it be a song, or a book, it would be a good idea to illustrate it, or draw it out just to strengthen those skills. And adding the type to the images makes it a tribute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment