Monday, February 2, 2015

Madison Hanlon

Blog 2

Hand Illustrated Book by Allen CrawfordHand Illustrated Book by Allen CrawfordHand Illustrated Book by Allen CrawfordHand Illustrated Book by Allen Crawford

Above is a hand illustrated book by Allen Crawford. The book is called Whitman Illuminayed: Song of Myself. Its filled with 256-pages of artistically presented poems. He hand draws every single text including commas. I love how the texts work with the visual images complementing each other as a negative and positive. I believe his intention was to make people slow down and enjoy the pleasure of reading artistically. Hand rendered text always catch my eye and I feel like this style is something that I could learn to do and benefit from. Its a way to make reading more interesting by getting lost in fun text styles. It also will help me invent my own text and sharpen my drawing skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment