Monday, March 2, 2015

Brooke Garner





I found this example of type on a product called Synergy that I have started to purchase regularly. Synergy is a brand of live-culture Kombucha, which provides numerous health benefits. Since this drink promotes digestive health and immunity, as well as supports healthy aging and overall vitality, the audience for this product includes anyone wanting to gain health benefits. The typeface for the word “Synergy” appears to be similar to the serif typeface, Baskerville, because of the high contrast, generous proportions and crisp edges. I believe this typeface is appropriate for the product because it is soft with rounded bracketed serifs and appears perfectly made, yet natural, like the product. I like how the description of the product is in all lower case, mixed with the important parts of the product, such as the title and edition in all caps. I was attracted to this product by the packaging design. The type is spread out and allows a lot of white space without any information being lost, which is appealing to the eye. I am very interested in product design packaging and I think I could potentially focus on it in the future. With this in mind, I will have to make sure that the type works well with the concept behind the packaging of a product and the feel it wants to give off to it’s potential buyers. Without proper typography, the packaging will simply fail. I need to be sure to give a particular hierarchy to each part of type in any packaging that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment