Monday, April 28, 2014

Water

Source/Description: 
For Good 50×70, Candy and James Reeves designed this poster for the African Medical and Research Foundation. Typography is the sole element used to highlight some startling facts: only half of people in Africa have access to safe water, and water-borne diseases kill one child every three seconds. You can purchase a heavy stock print at various sizes. 2008.

Inspiration: I really appreciate the dynamic message that was expressed in this piece. The type was the main focus and it reminded me of our first project. Using type as imagery is an effective tool when used corectly. I would like to do more like this but the conceptual side of typography is another field that will take some work to master. Overall I appreciate this form of design and will continue to research this form to expand my type usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment