Monday, April 14, 2014

Design Glossary | Lynn Bataillon


Glossary of Design Terms by Volken Omez.
Classification: serif, san-serif
What is it? This is a project describing design terms through typography. The audience is designers.

Analysis: Omez used the meaning of the design terms to create the visuals, such as putting transform tools around a T to describe the word transform or warping a W to describe the term warp. It looks like he took pre-existing type faces and manipulated them instead of making up his own.

Influence: This is a great example of describing meanings of words through how the type is manipulated. I feel like this would be a great exercise for me to try to improve my typography. I think it would help change the way I think about words I use in my work and expand my 'visual vocabulary.'

No comments:

Post a Comment