Monday, April 14, 2014

v-day card

This is a valentines day card that my mom gave me, and I think the type face is super cute. It definitely fits my moms personality for sure. I know it's kind of "Curls MT" esq. but I think that just goes to show how important it is to understand and have different typefaces. Even though some of the extended legs of certain characters feature a tight curl, I still find the typeface rather elegant. It doesn't feature an over-use of curls, but highlights certain characters. The script is elegant but still fun and a little casual in a way too, which I think is pretty fitting for a mother-daughter card. The script also goes well with the laser cut flowers that border the card. There is also a small serif featured on some characters which I think gives it a little extra pop and recognition, especially when the text size decreases. I like that the counters aren't completely circular, and that some of the letters don't fully connect to one another. I also like that unusual counters are created in characters like the lower case "d" and lower case "r" for examples. 


No comments:

Post a Comment