Monday, April 14, 2014

Way to go Ohio

Source: http://inspirationfeed.com/inspiration/typography-inspiration/40-remarkable-examples-of-typography-design-10/2/
Type classification: script, three dimensional
What is it?: It is a New York Times Magazine cover by Luke Lucas that confronts the issues the state of Ohio had and what really fixed them.
Analyze the type: The type interacts with the photo as if it shares the same space as the buildings and bridge.  It is also in a scripty font that reminds me of those stickers that I got on graded papers in elementary school.  I think the humor is derived from the pat on the back that Ohio is recieving for fixing the issues.
How will this influence my work? I love the interaction between the type and the space it is in. I posted a picture of Walter White's work before, and his paintings are a lot like this. For the type to successfully be in the space takes practice and I would like to practice soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment